Warfare Online

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Update Planning

Poll

Which Pet integration option do you prefer?

[ 3 ]
    Update Planning I_vote_lcap75%Update Planning I_vote_rcap [75%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Update Planning I_vote_lcap25%Update Planning I_vote_rcap [25%] 

Total Votes: 4
    Hyde
    Hyde
    Admin

Male Credits : 4224
    ATK: : Lv1
    DEF: : Lv1
    HP: : Lv1

Mercenary Info
    Mercenary's Name: King Hyde
    My Merc.: The King The King
    Pet: Reclamox Reclamox

Update Planning Empty Update Planning

Post by Hyde Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:59 am

Alright guys, I am in need of some community discussion regarding the fate of some Merc. Features.

First up, we have Pets.

Pets

So for this, i have a few ideas as of how to implement this system. While none of them are perfect, I need you guys to vote on which one you like best. I have already contemplated different ideas and these would be the best ways (in my mind) to allow pets, but without unbalancing the system way too much (it is going to happen anyways to an extent).

1. Pet Dice

What this idea does is give the option to roll special dice for your new pet during your turn. The "Pet Die" will only give the chances of rolling either a 1 or a 2, but there is more to this.

Each pet will be given a certain stat, whether it be an ATK Pet or a DEF Pet, or even a HP Pet. Each pet will also have a level regarding that particular stat, almost like players have on their regular mercs. However, pets can NOT level up, meaning their stats will always remain the same.

So if you buy a Level 1 ATK Pet, that pet will always have Level 1 ATK. And so on.

During battle, this extra stat can be used during your turn (if the battle permits the use of pets). If you have a Level 1 ATK Pet and it is your turn to attack, you will roll your normal ATK die as you normally would, but then you would also roll a single Pet Die. This pet die would add on to your ATK roll, causing more damage to your opponent. Now lets say you have a Level 2 DEF Pet instead. When you get attacked, you will go about your turn as usual and roll your DEF die just like you normally would. However, you would also now roll 2 Pet Dice (as your pet has Level 2 DEF). The result of these rolls would add on to your normal DEF roll(s) and allow you to cancel out even more damage.

Finally you have the HP Pets. These pets are going to be VERY rare, but will offer something different than the normal ATK or DEF pets. However, I have yet to decide whether or not their level will boost your total HP, or if they will heal you a certain amount each turn. If you have an opinion on this, let me know.

2. Set Boost

This is a much more simple pet system and would essentially treat pets as equipment. This would work as so.

Each pet would get a boost number (I.E. ATK +2 or something). Then, whenever you would either attack or defend (depending on which stat the pet boosts), you would add their boost number to your roll result and that would be your final number. This works exactly like equipment does.

While it doesn't include the randomness that a Pet Die would bring, it does give some certainty to your battles, be able to always count on your pet doing a certain amount of damage, allowing you to set up a strategy.

Mercenaries Change

Okay, so I have been looking at our Mercs and I have been wondering... should we change their style? Some people have grown accustom to Newb and his military friends, but as our new pets and Mercs are being created using a larger template and our equipment is becoming more medieval, should we change the style of our Mercs to more represent their medieval equipment?

What I am proposing is to throw out a bunch of the normal Mercs and replace them with higher resolution sprites in a medieval style. Now, I would be keeping special Mercs such as Lucas, Ness, Raichu, and other unique Mercs, but this would replace all modern looking ones. This doesn't mean they would be gone though, this means that they would have just changed in style. Here is an example. Below is two sprite, of which both are Newb. However, the first one is how he looks now, the second is how he would look after an update.

Update Planning YVW6YjE<--=-->Update Planning HxK6J2M

As you can see, he is now slightly larger, wearing armor instead of a uniform, and is wielding a nice sword and shield.

Anyways, this is completely up to you guys. If you give me the right away to change them, it should be ready somewhat soon. If not, the they will stay the same.

Anyways you guys, thank you for reading through this. I hope to catch you all around. And make sure to vote in the poll!

Evesa
    Evesa
    Lv2.125
    Lv2.125

Female Credits : 4096
    ATK: : Lv3
    HP: : Lv2

Mercenary Info
    Mercenary's Name: Evesa
    My Merc.: Newb Newb
    Pet:

Update Planning Empty Re: Update Planning

Post by Evesa Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:32 pm

I think the mercs should change yes.
    Deshar
    Deshar
    Lv2.125
    Lv2.125

Male Credits : 4112

Mercenary Info
    Mercenary's Name: Zanik
    Pet:

Post by Deshar Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:39 pm

*Looks at Hydes pet* GIMME DRAGON!!!

On a more serious note, I'd like the dice system. Also, I'd like the Pets to almost be their own characters. E.g. Their own HP amount. (5 per level or something.)

I think the change looks better then the original.

Now back to your regularly sceduled program. DRAGONS GIMME NOW!!!
    Hyde
    Hyde
    Admin

Male Credits : 4224
    ATK: : Lv1
    HP: : Lv1

Mercenary Info
    Mercenary's Name: King Hyde
    My Merc.: The King The King
    Pet: Reclamox Reclamox

Post by Hyde Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:38 pm

Three votes? Come on guys, we can do better than that.

It is looking like option 1 though.
    Deshar
    Deshar
    Lv2.125
    Lv2.125

Male Credits : 4112

Mercenary Info
    Mercenary's Name: Zanik